Friday 3 January 2014

An open letter to yoga


>GABRIELLE BERNSTEIN PHOTO BY ATISHA PAULSON<
Dear Yoga,
Had I known all you would do for me, I would have started my practice years and years ago. You have taught me to breathe, I mean truly breathe,somewhere along the way we forget how. You taught me how to release. How to release all that does not serve me anymore. You allowed a sense of peace to wash over me and allowed me to reconnect to my soul. Yoga, long story short, you saved me.
I could have never dreamt of the peace you allow me to feel. The oneness you have brought my way. Every downward dog to every swan pose, I learn more and more about myself and who I am meant to be. You have taught me that the moment I want to release the pose, to keep my breathe and push through, because as soon as you push through you conquer all that has held you back.
You have taught me to love my body. No matter how I look, I can rock a yoga pose, and feel damn good about that. I now love curves I sought to change for years. I love the sweat that falls down my face as I know I am on a path to change. A path to self-love and connected to my truth. Yoga, I was wrong about you, I once thought you were a fad, a trend. I thought you were all about Lululemon and how the ‘cool’ people passed the day away. Oh how I was wrong. You are so much more than I could have ever known, yet so simple at your core. You have taught me to breathe, to love oneself, to love all others, to release, and to know when to push through.
You have brought me teachers who have changed my world, who have allowed me to see myself through brand new eyes. Thank you. I owe you more than I could ever say. Much love.
Breathe as you push through your walls and breathe as you release them.
Namaste


>Photo found on Tumblr<
>Post from my former blog<

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Favourite Posts!