Monday 7 April 2014

Amongst The Flowers

THERE WAS A PATH LAID OUT BEFORE ME, a meadow so utterly and completely full of love, where flowers bloomed all year round, and an essence of harmony paved the ground beneath me. The sky, so very blue, allowed the BRILLIANCE of the sun to take centre stage, and I knew I had found my way home. 

I knew the road would not be easy, that I would have to surrender, and allow my feet to gently GUIDE me forward. You see, even though flowers danced all around me, there was a part of me that hung onto the darkness of my own depths, as deep as an ocean. I had been lead that way, after all. How could I know so well, both LIGHT and darkness, how could I have come to KISS the hands of love and grace, and yet  have a need to feel comforted by what I had always known? And yet can we have one and not the other? Do we need fear, so we may know love? Do we need paths that are treacherous, so that we may know THE DIVINE WITHIN? 

THERE WAS A PATH LAID OUT BEFORE ME, a meadow so utterly and completely full of love, where flowers bloomed all year round, and yet I would not have found such a path, had I not walked through the parts of me that I would have rather not acknowledged. My very own dark forest that fed on ILLUSION. But once you let go of your fears, and accept all of who you are, you'll see that beam of hope, of LIGHT. And that's the beauty of a path, there's always a  new way, a new place to turn, a chance to change your course, to not look back.  


So when you lay amongst the flowers, know that there very presence came to you because you allowed yourself to brave the storm, you allowed all of who you are to come forth, and heal. And when you need a hand to hold, when you cannot see past the darkness, know that no matter where you are on your path, there's a star above you, that's been WAITING to GUIDE you home. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Favourite Posts!