Thursday 30 October 2014

Past, Present, Future

Where do you place your focus? Where do your thoughts wander off too day to day? It's funny what thoughts dance through our heads, some days there are so many, they tend to completely blur all together. But our thoughts are our focus. Only we can change our thought patterns. If you were to catch yourself, and tomorrow was not a guarantee, or even an hour from now, because well, really, we only have the present moment at hand, would you change where you place your focus?

I know I would. I would not allow myself to worry about all the small B.S. that seems to take up most of my thoughts. I wouldn't waste my present because of my attachment to the past, or my need to control my future. They aren't real, you know? To fully grasp that one, has taken a lot of work and a total day to day process.

If all I had was my present moment (True story) I would be completely at peace. If I could fully let go of the need to return to The I am not enough pattern, I would soar. If I could allow myself to fully trust that I am supported, and loved, by a great source, I could release my fears, and the need to control the outcome of my Journey. I would expand beyond what I have ever known.

So, here's where I am at, sort of at a crossroads. I have grown a lot. I have learnt a lot. I have actually changed, a lot. But I am somewhat stuck. Not a permanent sort of stuck, but a need for presence. To allow myself to fly, to walk over the ledge, even when I have no clue what's below me. Or better yet, above me.

To fly, to soar, to expand, these have to be what the present moment's all about. We can't fly and soar, and expand from anywhere else, but yet we spend hours upon hours amongst who we were, or who feel we need to be. These fears are not real. We cannot control the past. We cannot control the future. But we can learn to be here, now, to focus on our now. We can choose to trust, and let go of some of the worry, some of the burden. We can choose to really LIVE, to really be ALIVE, because you can only really do that when you are present, when you have cleared away the blur of your thoughts.

That's my goal, my Tapas for the month ahead, heck, the day ahead, THIS MOMENT, here, now.
Presence. To catch myself when I wander, and to allow my breath to take me back to where I belong, where LIFE AWAITS me.

How you can connect and be present

~ Your breath. Connect to your breath. Close your eyes, allow your thoughts to calm down, as you become aware of all that surrounds you. Your breath  holds so much power. Allow yourself to open up to that power. 

~ Nature. Allow yourself to connect to all of the MAGIC that Mother Nature has to offer you. Nature grounds us, and when you seek to feel present, you must learn to ground yourself. 

~ Move your body. Allow your energy to move through you, whether you go for a walk, a run, or a Yoga flow, move your body any way that honours you. 

~ Awareness. Watch your Thoughts, your patterns. Once you allow awareness to come forth, you can observe the madness, and you can start to create peace. 


Love + heart 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Favourite Posts!