Sunday 19 January 2014

GRATITUDE + Sundays

>Photo from Luna Lune Tumblr<

For anyone who knows me, knows that I love Sundays! Sundays have always been the day I look forward to the most. And one of the reasons whys because I allow myself a few moments to myself to reflect. To reflect on the past week and how I feel at that very moment. I ask myself whether I had spent my days fully connected to my truth or whether perhaps I veered off course. And I let go of what had not served me. No matter what, I can always reconnect to my truth through GRATITUDE. 

GRATITUDE, very much saved me the same way FORGIVENESS had. No matter what we go through, we can muster up a few key parts of who we are that we are completely grateful for, and for loved ones and events we are grateful for. I really took to my GRATITUDE PRACTICE when I started my path to self-love, so much so that every day before I went to sleep, I would draught down 5-10 wonders that I was grateful for. So much HEALING and LOVE came from that, because no matter how dark some of those days were, I was able to reconnect to what truly mattered to me. I was able to reconnect to self-love. It has been almost a year and half now and I have stuck to my PRACTICE of GRATITUDE and now, throughout my days,
I MINDFULLY ask myself,

What am I grateful for today?

How can I open my heart even more?

And, Have a shown love and KINDNESS to myself today?


These 3 phrases have helped me tremendously and are key factors to my self-love PRACTICE. These 3 phrases really come to play on Sundays, when -I take to my notebook and drought down what I am grateful for, and moments that stood out to me. Moments that helped me to stay centred and grounded to my true self. So maybe take a few moments for yourself, gather your thoughts on the past week, and let them all go. Release what may have not served you, and send love to what really spoke to you. Choose to see the good, the love, and the LIGHT that's all around you. And perhaps ask yourself what are you grateful for today? Whether one,two, or a hundred moments come to you, know that that's more than okay. You are wonderful, and spectacular, choose to see that. Every day, choose to see the wonder of who you are, and the wonder of all that surrounds you. 


GRATITUDE UNLOCKS THE FULLNESS OF LIFE.
IT TURNS WHAT WE HAVE INTO ENOUGH,AND MORE.
IT TURNS DENIAL INTO ACCEPTANCE,
CHAOS TO ORDER,CONFUSION TO CLARITY.
IT CAN TURN A MEAL INTO A FEAST,A HOUSE INTO A HOME,
A STRANGER INTO A FRIEND. 

MELODY BEATTIE

>Photo Found on Tumblr<

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Favourite Posts!